View Single Post
Old
11-07-2009, 02:54 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Seen this argument made a few times, and I think it's a stretch...maybe for Gionta... somewhat... but I think even that's unlikely.

A much more plausible reason these guys signed in Montreal is because the Canadians had a cubic ton of cap space and were willing to pay more.
while they didn't come here for free (more gionta and cammy, spacek is like 3.6 or something, the others are 5-6), i think cammalerri said after he signed in an interview that when he saw the team that was being assembled, he was intruiged by the opportunity. and i think it was the hiring of jaques martin, then the gomez trade, then gionta signed and cam saw that. on record, gio said he did sign mainly because of the contract and that it wasn't to reuinute with gomez, but regardless cammer probably saw some interesting potential.

i'm putting emphasis on the cammalerri signing because he is our gaborik, if you will permit the comparison, and he wouldn't of signed with the habs had it not been tempting. (again, also factoring in his 5 year contract and playing for a team with a lot of history).

spacek is less relevant, i just dropped him in there as a key signing in the blowup/rebuild. i hadn't fully informed myself on the chronological order of the million signings haha.

Last edited by HarlemsFinest: 11-07-2009 at 03:01 AM.
HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote