Thread: PGT: Habs lose 3-1 to Bolts
View Single Post
Old
11-07-2009, 09:12 PM
m00ks

vCash: 500
Saw the game and it sucks that we lost another one but there were a lot of positives to take from of this game:

- I think Andrei is coming out of his shell. I thought he had a very strong game and imposed his physicality when called upon. He's certainly earned a spot on the second line and I sense that his production will come sooner than later.

- Reduced the number of shots given. Never mind that we peppered Nittymaki, we've held their offense to 21 shots which is a huge upgrade from the Boston outing. If we can keep this up, one of the goalies will bound to settle down and wins should start piling in.

- We battled hard even though we were down. No quit on this team which is very encouraging. Big pressure in the third and if we're able to reflect that effort for 60 min, we'd be that much harder to play against.

- First line is still consistent. Creating chances, winning battles and maintaining pressure with a Tampa Bay team that brought intense physical play.

It's one of those losses that don't feel as bad. We lost because they drove the net effectively with some timely bounces their way. I wish Price would buckle down on his positioning but if he can't do it, Halak is certainly capable of doing so. For the Price bashers, let me remind you we scored one goal. If you Price needs a 1-0 shutout to get a regulation win, then blame has to be shared by an unproductive offense than is still yet to give our goalie a decent lead to work with. You don't win many hockey games with 1 goal.

Calgary next Tuesday and we'll be hungry. I hope Andrei can keep this up as the upgrade over Lappiere and Lats was glaring. I'd like to see Pacioretty with Plaks and Akost and see if they can do any damage.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote