View Single Post
Old
11-08-2009, 11:11 PM
overlords
Be quiet and drive

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
This is far from an unpopular view, but I've yet to see anyone lay out how this would actually help MaxPac. I've heard buzz phrases like "learn how to dominate offensively" (which I don't think was ever in his potential to do at the NHL level, I don't care if he's a 1st round draft pick or not), but don't know what he has left to learn in the AHL that will help him do that, or anything else, more quickly in the NHL than actually playing at that level right now.

Which is to say, if you have noticed something that apparently no one else has (or I'm sure they would have expanded on it by now instead of just repeating the "send him down" mantra), I'd love to read it. Because I can see a lot of little things that he could do differently (most of which require playing at NHL speeds, not with/against scrubs at a lower level), but can't watch and focus on him live (nor at practice) so I can only see what he does while he's caught in the view provided by the 46" box between my speakers or the 19" one I'm using right now.
Not sure if you're taking a shot at me, but it's late so I'll let it go

I'm not picking on the guy, i just think he needs to get his confidence back up. Also, even when he was on his game last year, he was no goalscoring threat. I'm talking about NHL and AHL here. He was mostly an assists guy.

I just don't want him to turn into another latendresse, you know? We're seeing what rushing prospects has done to other players. I have high hopes for Max Pac and I just want to see him succeed.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote