Thread: Line Combos: New Lines at Practice
View Single Post
Old
11-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
For a young guy like him, just starting in the NHL, he's doing okay I find. Of course, he can do more but time will tell. I remember that half-missed hit on Afinogenov; would've ripped his head off if the hit connected. So the kid is trying.

As for Tender, well, this is his 4th season. It is the time or never, to impose himself.
I think thats the difference. Its really coming down to actually meeting expectations.

Latendresse who i personally had high high hopes for this year is at a point in his career where he should be establishing himself. Currently his play is nothing more of a fourth liner. He has yet to break the 30 point mark in now his fourth NHL season and this year is going down the same path unless he picks it up substantially.

Now Pacioretty is struggling to find offense but in my opinion his game is at least noticeable compared to Lats. You can see the speed and you can at least see him trying to make plays. Again he struggles but he to me is improving unlike Lats and Laps and even Dagostini prior to injury.

Aside from improving defensively, Lats game seems to have plateaued offensively and physically already while i am not sure he has the fire in his belly to actually continue to improve it.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote