View Single Post
Old
11-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Steelhead16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkrat22 View Post
lots of good posts here. This weekend was the Bauer AAA tourney here in chicago. unfortunately I have a daughter playing which means a 10 hr drive to Rochester, NY for the girls version of the bauer. But wait I got to spend 10 hrs talking with my girl and just had a great time. I actually think I enjoyed the 20 hrs in the car more than I enjoyed the games. Hockey will always be a sacrafice for all those involved. I do however think everything that our family does in support of her is worth it. just my $.02 though.
You will be forever better for that trip. My daughter used to play club volleyball and they played 5 or 6 tournaments in Salt Lake City (5.5 hr drive). All the parents rotated the driving and taking other girls. Now that my daughter has gone away to college I can't help but look back and be glad for having that time. My son played hockey, baseball and basketball back then and that took up so much time, I was glad to be able to have that time with her. Don't miss any of it because you don't get to go back and do it again if you miss out the first time. Every minute and every $ was worth it.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote