View Single Post
Old
11-11-2009, 08:56 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
Hey guys, first off, Sharks were lucky to win that in regulation. Your guys played hard. Also, as much as we hated Nichol when he was with Nashville, holy crap, the entire Sharks board is in love with the guy now. Same with Jed, not that we hated him, but the effort and character these guys have are a huge addition.

Finally, how would you grade Goc so far? Has he been for you what he was for us: good faceoff guy, good defensively and no hands?
I told everyone that Nichol was a good addition for you guys at the time, and no one believed me. The problem for us is that we had too many players just like him, and overall I think Jerred Smithson is a better player...so while it hurt to lose Nichol, I'm not sad that his spot is taken by guys with a little more offensive ability...Santorelli, Hornqvist, even Thuresson.

As for Goc, it's weird...the guy has had no less than 8 clean breakaways this year, and every time, he manages to beat the goalie...but can't finish. He's got decent moves, even looking pretty good in his shootout attempt...but it's like luck more than hands. Defensively and faceoff wise, he's been great...and he's even a decent forechecker. He's managed to create some offense when playing with some of the younger forwards with ability. Overall, for the money, I'd say most of us have been happy with him. We'd like to see him convert a little more, but overall..no complaints.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote