View Single Post
Old
11-11-2009, 03:57 PM
God Bless Canada

vCash: 500
Betelgeuse Hitchhikers review...

*The first thing I see is continuity. Gretzky and Kurri rates among the best duos in league history. I'm pretty sure Langway and Murphy would have played together at some point during their Washington years.
*Tkachuk's a guy who is best served on a second line, even though he has the ability to be a first line guy. He is a guy with some warts. He should be fine, though, playing the role of a space-opener with Gretz and Kurri - providing a strong forecheck, working hard along the boards and in the corners, and driving to the front of the net. He'll also provide protection.
*Metz and Jarvis are top-notch defensive forwards. They won't provide much offensively, but they can play a lot of minutes against the opposition's top line. Of course, if they're used too much, they'll take away from the ice time for the second line.
*One question I have is if there's enough toughness up front. How will they stand up to some of the tough, physical, mobile, smart defencemen out there. Will the forwards be able to survive in physical, grinding, best-of-seven series? Or will they be worn down?
*There doesn't appear to be an ace on the blue-line, but there is good depth. Langway and Murphy are solid No. 2s who, as I said before, probably saw some ice time together in Washington, and, at worst, have a strong knowledge of what to expect from each other thanks to their years together. They can also log minutes against the opposition's top pairing, although they might not be an ideal pairing against some of the fastest lines in the draft.
*When I see Harmon on the first PP unit (or any PP unit, for that matter), and Reise on a second PP unit, it makes me wonder about the ability of this defence to advance the puck or work the PP. The flip side is that this is a very reliable, sound and steady defence, and with the exception of Zubov, Jungo should feel comfortable employing any of his defencemen against the opposition's top line.
*Holocek's a solid No. 1. Not terrific. But solid. Won't hurt you. Crozier's one of the better back-ups in the draft.
*I think I like Sinden more than some posters, but he's still a cut below some of the other coaches out there. Probably belongs in the early to mid 20s for coaches.

God Bless Canada is offline   Reply With Quote