View Single Post
Old
11-11-2009, 06:06 PM
God Bless Canada

vCash: 500
Kimberley Dynamiters review...

*First team that I reviewed that has one of the big advantages in the draft: a front line that can play against an opposition's top line. When Joe Sakic is your centre, you can play that line against anybody. It's a big asset because it takes line-matching out of the equation, and it forces the opposition's top line to concentrate on defence.
*And that's good news, too, because lines centred by Marcel Dionne and Kent Nilsson are not going to be depended on to play against the opposition's best players. Tremendous skill there. But little commitment to their own zone.
*This team has tremendous team offence. Three lines that can score. Guys like Bourque, Blake and Owen who know their way around the offensive zone. Okay, you'll be able to hear a lot of breakout passes from the second pairing hitting the boards, but Bourque, Blake and Owen are great for a transition game.
*It will be interesting to see whether this team employs a five-man shutdown unit against the opposition's best. There are pros and cons. The pros are that such a unit will develop strong cohesion. The con is that it means a lot of ice time for the fourth line and the second pairing.
*I don't know if there's a really punishing forward, an effective space-opener on the first two lines - Aurie's likely the best at that role.
*We looked long and hard at Bellows. Just couldn't justify him for a two-way line or a momentum line. He was probably the best available scoring LW for a while when you snapped him up.
*Team defence could have some problems. Not a qualm with the blue-line. The blue-line has a nice blend of skill and defensive responsibility. But the Dionne and Nilsson lines will be out for a lot of goals against.
*Grant Fuhr gets it. He understands it's not just how many pucks you stop, but when you stop them, and if you win the game. Whether it's 2-1 or 6-5, Fuhr comes up with the big saves when they're needed most.
*I think the trade you made with VCL was a very good one. You dealt Andrechuk and Murray, and it freed you up to take Bellows. Bellows obviously isn't a PP force like Andreychuk, doesn't have Andreychuk's hands in tight, but I think he's a better fit for an ATD at five-on-five than Andreychuk. Big Dave you take for leadership, the power play and his hands. But as far as the better offensive player at even strength in a format like this, give me Bellows.
*Green's a solid coach, in that second tier for coaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Kimberley Dynamiters

Head Coach: Pete Green
Ast. Coach: John Muckler

Sid Smith-Joe Sakic (C)-Larry Aurie
Brian Bellows-Marcel Dionne-Reggie Leach
Thomas Steen-Kenta Nilsson-Hakan Loob
Johnny Gottselig-Dave Poulin-Mario Tremblay

Spares: Johnny Wilson, Duane Sutter

Ray Bourque (A)-Rob Blake
Kevin Lowe (A)-Adam Foote