View Single Post
Old
11-11-2009, 06:22 PM
God Bless Canada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Thanks GBC, your reviews are the cream of the ATD and I read them all just for the evaluations.

Just one question here: I'm also concerned about the defensive liabilities among the forwards, and I'm tempted to drop Bellows out of the lineup in favor of Wilson.

Lines would look like this:

Smith-Sakic-Aurie
Gottselig-Dionne-Leach
Steen-Nilsson-Loob
Wilson-Poulin-Tremblay

Gottselig's not a physical guy either, but at least he'd provide a bit of defensive conscious to the second unit.

My only major regret is taking Dionne over Kennedy. With the way the bottom six shaped out, Sakic/Kennedy would be the best two-way combo.
I think the world of Johnny Wilson. I'd actually have him in there ahead of Gottselig.

The thing is, your second line is built to be a scoring line. With Dionne there, it's not going to be a good defensive line. So you substitute Bellows for Gottselig on the second line, and put Wilson in the line-up, you've improved the defensive ability of the second line, but you've weakened its offensive ability. If you're looking for a two-way line, then yeah, go with Gottselig on the second line. We wanted a two-way second line, and that's why we went with Lach and Sutter when we did. You want an offensive second line. You want Bellows there.

God Bless Canada is offline   Reply With Quote