View Single Post
Old
11-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Is it out of the realm of possibility to assume the Flyers are really worth far more then the $270 posted due to the fact they are owned by Comcast-Spectacor and a lot of the Flyers revenue shows up as Comcast revenue on the earnings reports?
Ah, depends how you want to define their worth. I would wager they are worth more than that TO COMCAST, and would suspect that the $270M number is how much they would be worth based on the Flyers' intrinsic qualities. It is possible, however, that the number does reflect how much Comcast values them at (you're only "worth" what someone is willing to sell you for)...but I'm not sure I buy that is how they're evaluating them without knowing their process.

So, I would guess that they are worth $270M as an individual property, but that doesn't take into account how much revenue they generate for Comcast due to their particular situation of being a cable provider with their own sports network....getting free programming is huge for networks, and that's why teams that have their own network are some of the richest in sports.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote