View Single Post
Old
11-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Lidström hasn't really been the force in Tre Kronor as he has been for the Red Wings in my opinion. Why I don't know, but to give him the "C" seems a bit like giving Foppa the "Best Player" award after the game against Finland in Karjala Cup.

The question in my mind is, who, if not Lidas, would you then give it to?

Alfie never struck me as one of the leaders on Tre Kronor.

"Z" does not strike me as a "C" kinda guy, but surely an "A"

I would actually not mind Bäckström as our Captain, or, as a dark horse, Påhlsson, who is, in my book, one of the most underated players in the world, but surely respected by his peers.

What I do know for certain is the Mats left a big void behind him.
In fairness, Lidström has been on Detroit who have had a great team for such a long time. Sundin on Detroit wouldn't have the chance to play (and win) all those World Championships. He probably would have a bunch of SC rings though. Lidström has been great on Tre Kronor most of the times he has played like in the Olympics 2002 (2nd on team Sweden in points= 6 points in 4 games) and 2006 (6 points in 8 games). I think it's quite unfair to call that the same thing as Foppa's comeback attempt at Karjala Cup.

But Lidström refused Tre Kronor a couple of times didn't he? Anyhow I don't care. Just give him the captaincy.

Zetterberg will likely be the next captain of Detroit so I think he has some leadership qualities even if he is the Swedish Beckham . Pålsson isn't a high profile player and seems quite shy. Not captain material imo. It's Lidström or Alfie in my mind and Lidström being the strong favourite.

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote