View Single Post
Old
11-12-2009, 06:07 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
Maybe my memory is just completely shot, but I honestly have never thought of Kari Lehtonen being consistent, at all. Seems like he'd stop 15 good, quality chances, then have a brain fart and let in two really stoppable goals. Dunno, he just never came across as the kind of guy that you could trust in big-game situations, or really even from game to game.

What I'm saying is that Kari's "old self" I didn't think was anything spectacular.
Kari's consistency issues always seemed to me to be mental- when he got scored on it was due to slow reactions (or not reacting), or just not posting up and leaving that inch etc. When Pavelec gets scored on he's almost always waaaay out of position. I feel like if Kari could keep his head in the game like it's his last game in the league he might be able to fix his issues, whereas Pavelec has problems with the pure fundamentals of goaltending. To be honest I could really care less who it is that gets the job as long as they give us the best chance at winning, just got a feeling that Kari has the potential to be much better this season, really depends on whether or not Pavelec can calm down and stop flopping / going down early so damn much.