View Single Post
Old
09-21-2003, 01:54 PM
TheChase

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
imo Havlat's quite abit ahead of Comrie. He's bigger and despite playing on the 3line and getting fewer minutes Havlat keeps getting better. His three year ppg totals (.58,.69,.88) show tremendous growth. Comrie is no slouch (.54.,.73,.74) but is getting more minutes (17.5 for Comrie and 16.2 for Havlat) and has superior linemates.

Gaborik is also better than Comrie. His ppg totals (.51,.86,.80) and goal totals (18,30,30) have come on a team that is dedicated to keeping the score low. Gaborik is 18 months younger than Comrie, and has scored 78 goals to Comrie's 61. Gaborik is right at the very top of the NHL's young players imo, just behind Heatley.

I don't think Comrie is on par with these two. Helluva player, though, and I hope he signs soon.
I consider his current value equivalent to the team to that of Lightnings Martin St. Louis
with more long range potential being so young.
Not having the insight of whats he is asking, we can only speculate
its a overinflated contract comparable to that signed by TB Brad Richard.
Nevertheless, sign him with performance bonuses or TRADE him ..don't drag this out
Having Comrie locked out ( not participating in training camp)
does not make sense. It hurts the entire team and his trade value, period.
He is 22 and the oil are better team with him than without him.
Sign him and if he doesn't meet expectations for dollars
spent , then bundle him and trade him for what the market will offer, come march ...