View Single Post
Old
11-13-2009, 08:35 AM
mullichicken25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Yah, I mean, there can't be anything to a horrible defensive effort other than "this guys sucks!".

I think the fact that Marc Staal has become a VERY close second to Rozsival in terms of brutal defensive play says there's something else to the situation other than a case of amnesia that now prevents both players from even remembering how to play the position.

These guys did a real nice job under Renney's tight, defense first game strategy. To me, it's painfully obvious that asking them to play a style of game they're not really very good at playing is hurting their contribution. You know, kind of like asking Wade Redden to play positional, stay at home defense.

So, cue the haters have will say I'm just making excuses for players that they just love to rip for any reason they can find.....
i agree with you to a degree

this system leaves a lot of our guys out to dry and the backchecking help has been hit or miss and it'll be a little worse with dubinsky out.

but

roszival has played dreadful....he does make a some good plays, but he makes a lot of little mistakes

the biggest one that gets me now is his passing, its seems like EVERY TIME he passes the puck its behind his target, or too far in front, or just off enough to hold up the rush

also, staal's shown that he's human...i think people are exaggerating his mistakes...he hasnt been that bad and still makes a lot of huge plays....this isnt the thread for that discussion though

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote