Thread: Line Combos: Cammalleri - Plekanec duo
View Single Post
Old
11-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Pyatt

Honestly, this kid is this year's Kostopolous replacement--he plays his butt off every shift and is fast like the wind! I don't really know where he best fits on the team but it almost doesn't matter; he'll add energy and great fore-checking to any line. I really hope he sticks with the team, simply due to his work ethic alone.

Latendresse needs to be benched; he needs a wake-up call big time. I'm tired of him having one good shift then taking the next 10 off.

Not sure where the fight in Lapierre has disappeared to. He reminds me of how he was playing in training camp 2 years ago and didn't make the team. He got sent down, worked his butt off and came back to the team determined to prove everyone wrong. Basically i think he's gotten a little complacent. I think its a problem of him not being to accept his role on the team as being a grinder/secondary scorer.

I find this generally happens when a team's stars struggle to score and the role players start thinking they can be the stars. They start to move away from the little things they were doing that got themselves into the coach's good books (solid defensive play, forechecking) and try to do to much with the puck offensively.

That's why i love what Pyatt brings to the table--he's playing with the tireless abandon Lapierre and Kostopolous brought to the table last year. This team needs to forecheck the other team to death to win games, especially against stronger teams. Our defence is not strong enough to move the puck quickly up the ice, so a lot more needs to be done by our forwards to keep the pressure on.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote