View Single Post
Old
11-13-2009, 10:52 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Another thread for posters to take free shots at our teams most Senior member. Joy.

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=29289

Guy wasnt given any credit when he was out top dman for 3 years, now its his 5th and he has a smaller role, and hes regressed to the role of whipping boy.
There was much discussion here Fitzy before he signed his last contract what he was worth and $4 mil was about the most anyone thought. Personally I was most interested at the time in bringing back Jagr. To me that was priority No. 1. Rozsival at best IMO was $3.5. The reason: he is not a No. 1 even if he had become more or less our go to guy. 35-40 point seasons aren't all that spectacular considering some of the other personnel we had on the ice especially for the pwp--Jagr, Straka, Nylander, Shanahan. There was also chemistry with the other Czechs which when Jagr and Straka left more or less evaporated. I'm not sure Michal is not going to get better again but I have little doubt that his role has changed. The days of being the go to guy are over. He's been bypassed by others--MDZ being one and with Gilroy and Sanguinetti waiting in the wings the salary he makes is a lot for what he's being asked to do. Basically it comes down to Sather again overpaying for a player not only the money but length of term and underestimating the players he has coming up through the pipeline.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote