View Single Post
Old
09-21-2003, 03:36 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Wait until the deadline and dump everyone and pick up money if I have to. That will be their last chance before the new CBA.

Their largest asset would be Kovalev. He could bring in three strong prospects. I would immediately pull the trigger on that.

Getting rid of Lindros will be harder.

Getting rid of Holik means picking up 4-5 mil if you want to get anything in return.

In other words, instead of spending money on free agents, I'd spend money on picking up parts of contracts and then trade these guys to restock the farm.

Then I'd go out and sign some credible free agents depending on what happens with the CBA. The Rangers need to be a little unorthodox if they want to win again.

In fact, I would do this immediately and get into the Ovechkin/Crosby sweepstakes.

They could pick up Cujo, pick up part of his contract and dump him on someone else.

They never should have signed Leetch and Messier. I'd buy out Messier immediately.

Package Poti and Nedved and try to get something for that.

Basically I would trade nearly the entire team and tank.

If they can pay all this money on crappy free agents (aside from the brilliant Kovalev deal), then they can pay the money to restock the farm.