View Single Post
Old
11-14-2009, 02:23 PM
bentheprop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 8 View Post
1) Why do they want Halak? Raycroft was pretty good while Luongo was out, and can be a decent back up when Luongo needs a break for a game or two.

2) Why would we trade Plekanec? He's been one of, if not, the best player for the Canadiens so far this year. I wouldn't want to trade him yet. However, if Gainey senses that Plekanec won't want to resign, or if his value his so high that we won't be able to afford him by the deadline, then maybe we should trade him (if we're not in playoff contention by the deadline).

Right now, I don't believe it, for the reasons I just stated.
That's the wrong question. The initial rumor is, as the title states, that the Canucks want Pleks and Halak. We have no idea what Gainey may have been asking about. In my opinion this whole rumor is probably based on an inquiry Gainey may have made trying to fill a hole. If those are the players that the Canucks threw out for compensation then it had better be a damn good one.

Most of the posters criticizing the rumor because it's Pleks and Halak are looking at it wrong. A lot of the comments are being made that it must be false if because Bob wouldn't trade one of our top scorers right now when in fact the rumor is entirely one sided from Vancouver's point of view. There is no mention that Bob offered those players and therefore no reason to declare it false on that basis.

bentheprop is offline   Reply With Quote