View Single Post
Old
09-21-2003, 03:51 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20
So far in the preseason he seem to be the best player.. not only offensively but as a complete player. this guy is a lock for the NHL.. to be send down to the ahl would be an insult imo.

he should be on the first line at least until he proves he dont belong there.. why on the first line? because we need at least 2 lines with some offensive potential.. i know ryder isnt a 1st line player potential carreer wise but more like a 2nd line player..

Ryder, as decent size, above average shot and vision, great work ethic, good 2way game, average speed and isnt afraid to go to the corners and hit occasionaly if needed. he got all the tools needed.

I think of these lines:

Michael Ryder - Saku Koivu - Donald Audette
Jan Bulis - Mike Ribeiro - Richard Zednik

what do you gys think!?

I would prefer to see this for my first 3 lines.

Ryder Koivu Ward
Bulis Hossa Zednik
Higgins Perrault Audette

My reasoning is as follows.... Ryder and Ward being 6feet + and 200lbs + would provide Koivu with 2 net crashing wingers that can score and at the same time provide Koivu with spaceout there.

Hossa seems to be struggling as a winger and has said himself he would welcome a move to his natural position (centre)

The third line is a good place for Higgins to start with 2 vets in Perrault and Audette. Audette should not be defaulted to the first line just because his name is Audette. He hasn't earned it, let him beat out a couple of young hungry players for the spot. I think this provides Montreal with 3 balnaced lines that could score!