View Single Post
Old
11-14-2009, 09:52 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Price was incredible and I'm happy he tied the save record, he deserved it. There were a few minor flaws in his game (mostly playing the puck) but with a defense like that he didn't have much choice. He was .. there's not even really a word to describe how good he played tonight. Key save after key save.

HOWEVER ...

Jacques Martin is an idiot. Regardless if he kept Price in for the save record or just to "teach a lesson," - it was some really bad coaching. Even though we didn't get anything going in the first 58 1/2 minutes, there was no reason that when we had the puck deep within the Predators zone with just over 1:30 left that Price was still in net.

Of course, the chance of coming back was slim, but it always is when you pull your goalie. Give me Plekanec, Cammalleri, Gomez, Hamrlik, Bergeron and Metropolit in a 6 on 5 and I'm confident they will at least get one quality shot off.

Again, I'm happy for Price - he was beyond great. But for the first time this year, I'm jumping on the Jacques Martin bash wagon.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote