View Single Post
Old
11-14-2009, 10:27 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
So considering the last 10 games, we're a playoff caliber team, right?
Could be.

With the top line back together, and Leggy and Erat seeming to be getting comfortable with their lines maybe we really do have three lines. For awhile there it looked like one, or one and half at best. I know only Sully scored, but all the lines had moments of good pressure. And did the last few games as well.

Can't believe I like Leggy on a line with Smithson, but coming into the game I was hoping for it, they played well previously. And Erat and Hornqvist and Santorelli has a lot of potential. Mostly because Hornqvist has been so active, but it seems to have perked Erat up somehow.

Not a lot of results as far as scoring, but it's wins that matter.

Checking the box score, Erat, Santorelli, Hornqvist were the least ice time of the regulars. I guess due to the powerplays. But they still totaled nine shots (Erat five) and a couple misses and blocked.

The other really encouraging thing is all those communication mistakes by the dee that seemed to be a goal every time. Either they aren't making many mistakes or the law of averages is helping. Rinne was asked after the game and he said that yeah, recently the rebounds left sitting in front are getting cleared out instead of ending up on the other teams sticks, and that he felt the defense has been playing really well.

Sweet! Now do it again on Tuesday vs the Sharks and keep it rolling!

Last edited by OpenWheel: 11-14-2009 at 10:51 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote