View Single Post
Old
11-15-2009, 09:45 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I doubt that you are in the minority. He would be a good acquisition. I guess it is just this brother package deal that I wonder about. After all, they aren't the Sedins. So far, Sergei looks like a headcase with a crappy attitude and some real skill.
Yeah, Sergei has some maturity issues. He has a sense of entitlement that he hasn't earned yet at the NHL level.

But Andrei has had two consecutive 20+ goal seasons in the NHL.

So, he has the ability to be a factor offensively.

If we had to take his brother with him, we could see how he acts with the Rangers organization, and if he still had the maturity issues, we could let him walk.

The question is, how much is Montreal looking for in a deal? I would not like the Rangers to overpay for them... if we didn't want to give a contract to Zherdev... why give up assets for a lesser player? Makes no sense.

I really wish we resigned Zherdev. If he got decent minutes with Torts' system, he would have been outstanding offensively... i mean this team as a whole hasn't a clue defensively... there was no reason to lament the one guy... shoulda woulda coulda... kept Zherdev...

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote