View Single Post
Old
11-16-2009, 12:10 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

vCash: 500
I got Hitch to sign my jersey & team poster from last year. He was in the corner of the arena where the Prius is on display, just looking out over the crowd early in the day. I figured I'd let him be until I saw other fans go up & talk to him, at which point I thought "Ok, fair game." He actually didn't mind having the fans come up to him.

His on-stage deal with Rimer & Davidge was kinda cool too...I liked the story about how he, Lemaire, Babcock & Ruff took notes about how they took notes on each other instead of brainstorming to work together in the first Olympic meeting & how all four teams run the PK the same way. Him saying up to half our team could be in the Olympics was interesting as well. We know Nash is in, Mason has a chance, the three Swedes we started the season with all got the nod & he thinks that any of our Czechs may have a shot. And then there's the RJ situation.

I finally got the "San Jose puck" signed by KRuss, the whole point of going. (For those that didn't see the back story in the SJS GDT, I went to the game in San Jose & pre-game, hung out by the CBJ tunnel. As he left the ice after the pre-game skate, Russ saw my hat, turned around, got my attention & handed me a practice puck.) I tried to get in to do the Guitar Hero thing in the 3pm hour to get him to sign it & it didn't happen, so I ended up going through the 3-mile long Nash/Russell autograph line. Sure enough, it was the longest of the day by far. I might have been the only one there more interested in Kris' autograph than Nash's, but it all worked out. I got the puck & my Caltrain ticket to the game signed and a picture with him.

The coolest part was that he seemed to remember the story. It wasn't a "Yeah, sure, whatever kid..." type thing- I didn't even get the end of the story out before he said "Yeah! Yeah, I remember that!" & he seemed to get a kick out of it.

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 04-29-2010 at 10:21 PM.
CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote