View Single Post
Old
11-17-2009, 08:54 AM
D713B

vCash: 500
I'd love to have him but I don't think the Jackets are ready to give up on him just yet. I think the speculation of tension between him and Hitchcock is a little blown out of proportion at the moment.

Quote:
ďI donít think Filatovís game is going to be awake for a long time. Heís in that adjustment phase right now, that survival phase. He did his job when he got back in the lineup in Edmonton. Thatís why he played again Saturday (in Anaheim). All the things we wanted him to do to be an NHL player, heís tried like crazy to do them. Heís in the lineup now, so hopefully weíre off and running.Ē
They're trying to teach him to be defensively responsible at the NHL level. It's constructive criticism, I don't think they've soured on him.

As far as him returning to Russia I also think that's a fallacy. He's always stated his commitment to playing in the NHL and is apparently sticking to it.

Quote:
What is holding you in America?
When I was 18 I made a decision to play in the NHL. This decision did not come easy. But what is the point of backing off now? It would make more sense if I didnít play well. But everything is going good for me right now across the ocean.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote