View Single Post
Old
11-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyrock View Post
Hey guys...as a caps fan I really think some of you are over reacting. Wanting to change the name to the gaboriks and then talking about tanking the season.

Think back just 2 seasons ago when the caps fans wanted to call the team the ovechkins. Im not rubbing it in but the caps arent exctly the florida panthers of the nhl right now plus the best player in the game is back. The rangers were in this game untill bradley scored and completely dominated at times esp the first 5 mins.

I think this team is better than the playoff team last year where now you at least have a consistant goal scorer and not having to rely on zherdev and gomez. Also alot of young talent comming up,I dont know if this is a new york thing to be so doom and gloom but when all you want to do is bad mouth players,like lets say a drury. Then when its aparent you needed a guy like him to win some faceoffs. I agree with some of your statements about management and overpaid players...but alot of teams are in that mess..well except pittsburgh where players take a discount.
Yeah, the doom and gloom thing kind of comes from years of futility (one might say a franchise history worth of futility), and also probably in part some NY attitude.

I agree the team is probably better, and they can play like it, but it's frustrating to watch them struggle to find their game. And yeah, I do like some of the talent coming up so that's nice to see, but it's not here yet.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote