View Single Post
Old
11-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Eh, you forget he basically did the same thing with Biron/Nitty in Biron's first full season here. Nitty was absolutely terrible in camp and then Stevens badly overplayed Biron to start the year...and when Nitty started to play better and Biron was worn down we ended up with a goalie controversy (Nitty's game log for that year).

This has been a bit more extreme, but Emery hasn't hit the wall yet...and obviously Stevens was more familiar/comfortable with Nitty than I would expect he is with Boucher.

However, even if you don't think Boucher is all that great...he's the backup, you have to get him some games and get him ready. I realize that might hurt you a bit in the short term, but it's an 82 game schedule plus playoffs and you need to be coaching for that stretch, not having an excellent November record.
With all do respect to Boucher, I don't fear our typical goalie controversy...at least not in that regard. Where to controversy will (potentially) come when Emery does hit the proverbial wall. Should that happen, we're ****ed.

I know the schedule has been a wee bit wonky, but still. I was half expecting Boucher to play approximately 20-25 games this season. I suppose he still could see that many starts, but there isn't any evidence to suggest that.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote