View Single Post
Old
11-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I mean...we got 65 games left, can you see Boucher playing in 1/3 of those outside of an injury happening? I can't.
At this rate, I'd be shocked to see Boucher start 12 games.

Quote:
I'm not worried about a goalie controversy either, but I am worried about overworking Emery (especially early in the season...and while the schedule is a mess, that doesn't remove the need to get Boucher in there to keep him somewhat sharp). The Atlantic is going to be a dogfight this year, and when we hit February every single point is going to matter and you factor in Olympic schedule condensing...it's going to be an absolute grind.

I don't like the thought of getting to the end of December and having a backup that has seen 4 games in 3 months.
No doubt. I'm almost starting to think that the mentality is to play the snot out of Emery and let him rest over the Olympics...and I don't agree with. I admire Stevens for putting so much faith in his players, and can't help but to think Emery is calling his own number...

Stevens -- You okay to start again Ray?
Emery -- Oh yeah, for sure.
Stevens -- Okay good. You feeling fatigued?
Emery -- I'm okay, I can rest over the Olympic break.
Stevens -- Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I agree Brodeur, in years past he's just played way too much hockey. Hits the point where you need him to be his best and he's just worn out. I can see that playing out here if things don't change.

I'm happy to hear he'll (Boucher) be playing in Phoenix.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote