View Single Post
Old
11-20-2009, 02:07 AM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomMF View Post
Assuming Kari comes back in January (for arguments sake) what do you think the next move is?

Do they give Kari a few games and then immediately try shopping him?

As soon as he's healthy do they start shopping Hedberg who has played pretty well in relief this year?

It could be a tough decision looming with Kari's injury history because obviously you don't want to sell low on him if he comes back playing well.

Eh, it's a good problem to have I guess if Pavs keeps it up!
This. I think he'll be shipped to a Western Conference team that needs/wants a goalie. Detroit seems like a logical fit, but he has to get healthy first to have any value whatsoever.
DW's in a precarious situation. He has a talented, yet fragile, goaltender, and another talented goaltender playing pretty darn well in his first full NHL season. If this team's in playoff position come deadline time (and I think they will be), I sincerely doubt he'll keep all three guys. Someone has to go (especially if immediate needs can be addressed), and Pavelec is the least likely candidate, as his contract is quite a bit more certain.

Interesting to see how it's going to play out. Hunch tells me Kari's the odd man out, but I don't think anything will be decided until the deadline.