: Salary Cap:
Can the Habs keep everybody??
View Single Post
11-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Join Date: Dec 2006
Originally Posted by
2009-2010 cap hit 2010-2011 cap hit
Gomez 7.357 7.357
Cammalleri 6.000 6.000
Gionta 5.000 5.000
A.Kostitsyn 3.250 3.250
Plekanec 2.750 (4.500)
Laraque 1.500 1.500
Moen 1.500 1.500
Pacioretty 0.875 0.875
Metropolit 1.000 (Gone)
Latendresse 0.802 (0.800)
Pyatt 0.718 (0.850)
White 0.700 0.850
Lapierre 0.688 (0.800)
D'Agostini 0.500 (0.600)
Markov 5.750 5.750
Hamrlik 5.500 5.500
Spacek 3.888 3.888
Gill 2.250 2.250
Mara 1.675 (1.800)
Gorges 1.100 1.100
O'Byrne 0.942 0.942
Price 2.200 (4.000)
Halak 0.775 1.000
TOTAL 56.833 59.500
- Our key players (Gomez, Cammalleri, Gionta) are locked for 5 years!
- Now, with Plekanec and Price free agents, they should have long term contract...lets say 4.5M/yr for 5 years for Plekanec and 4M/yr for 4 years for Price.
- Then, our best player, Markov, will be UFA, in two years...how much would he get, 6M? 7M?...let say 6.5M/yr for 4 years.
- If we make the total of these players : 33.357M for 6 players.
- ~25M for 16 players...thats pretty impossible.
Can the Habs keep everybody? What would guys do? Who would you keep? Who would you get rid of?
Trade Gill at the deadline this year, replace with 850k player next year. Leach can be the 7th this year, and we'll see for 2010-11. Saving $1.400M
Mara no raise or find another guy for same cost. Saving $125k
White and Pyatt will get what D'Agostini got this year + one-way= $500k each. Savings $700k
Trade Laraque at deadline, unless he retires. Keep Stewart at $500k to replace him. Savings $1.000M
Replace Metropolit with Sergei at $500k one-way. Loss $500k, necessary to get to 23 players on Cap.
Correct Pacioretty cap figure, loss $35K.
New total $56.810M virtually same as now.
However, I expect Cap to go up slightly, maybe to $60M.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by BaseballCoach