Thread: Salary Cap: Can the Habs keep everybody??
View Single Post
Old
11-21-2009, 12:40 PM
GoodKiwi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCammalleri View Post
We kind of need one of Gill or Mara next season. Markov Spacek works well because Markov does not need a stay at home dman to play with him, but the 2nd and 3rd pairing should both have one big dman. OB will be one... I guess Gill the other.

I would trade Josh Gorges at the deadline if we would get something good in return. I would think he has good value on the market. Next season, one of Weber or Subban will be ready and lets face it, they will both be more offensively aware than Gorges.
If anything it is my opinion that we need more defensively aware defensemen (and that sounded odd). I would not deal Gorges for that very reason. Not to say that our top three are bad defensively, but between Markov/Hamrlik/Spacek we should have more than enough offense. Spacek is having an average season offensively so far, but as someone who watched/watches Buffalo A LOT, I know what he is capable of on PP. It is way too early to write him off after 20 odd games. I don't have a problem with a rookie in our lineup, but I don't see him replacing what Gorges brings to our D immediately. He is one of those guys that could be slotted on any pairing and not look out of place. We need more of that imho.

And between Gill and Mara I would pick the latter. I just do not think Gill will be traded, that's all. And maybe I do not pay enough attention to Mara but he seems invisible on most nights yet his +/- is team's worst. Not sure what's up with that.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote