View Single Post
Old
11-21-2009, 10:44 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
I think we have been drunk with optimism after games such as against San Jose and Pittsburgh. Chicago and Calgary have put us back in our place (which is, I think, still somewhere in the 6th-9th place range in the conference).
... Look, I think it's early. This team is still trying to adjust to playing a more offensive style. There's a lot of youth on this team, each young man is learning to find his way -- Johnson, Doughty, Simmonds, Drewiske, Purcell, Quick, even Kopitar. There's bound to be some inconsistency. I doubt that any team has ever been able to maintain an elite record with a team save percentage under .900, and this team isn't any exception. I think Murray's been a frustrated coach, and it's affected his decisions negatively at certain points.

This team looks like the one which will have some brilliant stretches of play that will leave the fans breathless, and other stretches where we'll want to suffocate ourselves. There's a good reason that some young teams are dubbed the "Cardiac Kids".

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote