View Single Post
Old
11-22-2009, 04:31 PM
vivianmb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I no longer play with them, i played with them this past summer.

I would assume any skate shop that does things like change blade holders, punch out bad spots etc would be able to do it.

Is that what the problem was? If your warranty is still good you may just be able to exchange them or something.

I am surprised an 7k would do this but then again I have had it happen to THREE pair of skates. I had this happen to two pair of CCM tacks in the late 80s early 90s as well as a pair of Bauer Supreme 3000 skates.

I am 240lbs and over 6ft so the G-force must be pretty high for the structure of skates. I do not think I have ever owned a pair where this hasn't happened to me after 4 years or so.

I expect the bauers I am using now will as well at some point.

I do know my friend who owns a proshop recommended I spend the extra money so I would avoid most common problems like this. This is why the 7K doing this surprises me, must be a fluke if this is what happened to you. Those are supposed to be quality enough to hold together with decent materials.

man are you a helpful guy HF68. it's good to have you on these boards.

any time i a problem similar to this it was a rivet. i used to go through rivets so much that i replaced them with aircraft aluminum bolts.in junior every season when i got new skates, we'd replace the rivets before i even wore them.
i 'm not as hard on my skates as i used to be. LOL

vivianmb is offline   Reply With Quote