View Single Post
Old
12-13-2004, 10:12 PM
Laches

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
are basically siding with Bettman. However, that is not the reason for this post. WE all know that neither knows hockey form field hockey. However, even as they were siding with Bettman and his rejection, so too did they warn that any type fo an impasse (presuming it is allowed) that leads to replacement labor is ultimately doomed to failure. Their contention is to basically not have any hockey until the NHLPA agrees to a cap. Their thought process is that teh NHLPA WILL cave sometimes during next year.
Still, can hockey survive after a 2 year lockout? I have my doubts. I do not think that they can survive a 1 year lockout, followed by a scab league. Bettman truly does not know what league he is running if he thinks that a scab league will be his ace in the hole
---They side with Bettman. Brooks sides with the union. Quite frankly, I find it impossible to understand how any fan could bring themselves to side with either. What's going on in the NHL is irretrievably stupid. There's no excuse for it, and no amount of PR spin from either side changes that.