Old
09-21-2003, 08:58 PM
Dr_Gonz0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
Counter proposal
Handzus & Vandermeer for Comrie

I've been proposing this deal for a few months now and I know Edmonton would rather had Seidenberg, but i'm not willing to trade him. With this deal, Edmonton gets some toughness on defense and a solid future #4 defenseman who will fight and do anything to stand up for his team. They also get the big center they desperately need to fill in for Comrie. The Flyers get the true number 2 center they need to play between Gags and Willy. That line would have it all, amaising speed and skill, and incredible youth. Not to mention great two-way play from the wingers. I think this is a perfect deal for both teams and they make great trading partners. The Flyers have a great number 3 center in Primeau and that makes Zus expendable if the right deal comes along
Exactly what i was thinking Gags, thanks. We need someone to replace Smith once he leaves, about a #3/4 D-man. The way i see it, it works for both with the centre swap. EDM has for the past few years craved a solid LARGE 2way centre who can play the 2nd line, this is where Handzus comes in. Comries size has been a issue, but with PHI's winger's size, they can get away with a smaller 2nd line centre, as long as he is put with some wingers that can create room for him. Comrie is a great scorer, and i don't want EDM to lose him, but it has become evident that he does not want to play here, due to home town pressures and constant media criticism. Mark my words, Comrie will put up #'s greater than he has yet any previous season before, provided he gets a full season under his belt. He spent all summer with a Fitness guru in L.A. specializing in core strength and balance. I just want to see fair return for Mr. Comrie's services, and this deal seems sound to me. Do the other PHI fans support this trade proposal? Or do u stand alone Sir Gags?