View Single Post
Old
11-23-2009, 08:42 AM
vivianmb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
What's weird is I tried Bauer's and CCM's to start with. I got tired of my Bauer Vapors(had some of the original ones that came out in 2000, that came with manufacturing problems) so I switched to Reebok.

He recommended CCM's but they didn't *feel* right. I tried the Reeboks 7k's and they felt better.

Maybe I need to re-consider Bauer and CCM.

Overall, I have been very happy with my skates until recently. I don't know what's causing my toes to deform...I have bunions on both feet, but my right skate it where the worst one is, and it's the skate in question.

There's really not much I can do to stop it. I can't quit working my job, and don't want to stop playing hockey.

Unfortunately, I might at some point have to stop playing hockey.

I've even considered biting the bullet and getting surgery on my bad foot. The problem is, it takes a month to get better and it would require me moving back to my parents house for a month. It would be a major inconvenience.

I am starting to wonder if my boot is just breaking down. I can't guess exactly how many hours I have worn my skates...probably around 120 most likely-200 at max hours.

The thing is I'd hate to shell out $500 for new skates, if it doesn't correct my problem, worsens my problem and if I had to get surgery then I'd have to start over.

I kind of think the arch of my foot has changed. More flat than it used to be.

The guy at the hockey shop thought that there was too much room in the top of my foot.
my feet are difft sizes. so my dad would buy the smaller size and then i'd wear two socks on one foot and none on the other.i did this until i was about 19 and found the wonderous invention of THE DREMAL TOOL.now i grind down the inside of the smaller skate till it fits.
i know that has nothing to do with your problem, but ...think outside the box. you'll figure something out.

vivianmb is offline   Reply With Quote