Thread: Prospect Info: Babchuk dominating the KHL
View Single Post
Old
11-23-2009, 12:18 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
defensively, babs was amongst the worst we've ever had. i would take malik over babs in his own end. he has no leg strength, was frequently knocked off the puck by far smaller and lighter players, couldnt catch up to plays out of the corner, and had no physical edge to him in the corners or in front of the net. he could easily be beaten wide.

even as an offensive guy he wasnt fast, he had limited mobility when holding the puck at the point, and it took him years to find the net - but i will give the point he has learned to find that. he was embarrassingly exposed in the playoffs is a weak point in the pp - his only plus going in.

to me he doesnt even qualify as an offensive d-man, since to me that job requires skating.

all he has is a bomb of a shot. if you think that is enough in this league im glad youre not gm of this team. i only wish he was here because i think he would help maintain the slide and help jr not think this is a legit playoff team. babs "dominating" (based off stats? they arent THAT good, have you seen him play?) the khl, especially in the plus/minus category to me says volumes about the quality of the khl and not the quality of babs since his weakness is defensive play.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote