View Single Post
Old
12-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I do wonder why we have so much access to information (players' salaries for example), but cannot get a full accounting on a team-by-team basis. Do they not want to show that the range in revenue per team is astronomical, furthering the argument that perhaps total revenue is a problem.
Tough to do since all these "businesses" are privately held. I can understand why any business owner may not want their financial information disclosed to the world.

Aside from that though, I don't think owners want the public to know the other areas in which these franchises are bleeding. Not just expenditures, but as you point out, revenues as well Fletch. I'm sure it's tough to pay the bills when you play in front of 9,000 people nightly in Raleigh. Not only are the gates pathetic, but so are concession and merch sales. That in turn hurts the amount that can be charged for sponsorships and advertising. At this point, a guy like Karmanos must be wondering whether his franchise EARNS enough to be competitive even at a $35Mil cap.