View Single Post
Old
09-22-2003, 02:44 AM
officeglen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaystar
the sens are giving 3 players and getting one, and your telling me to stop giving the sens the quantity package end? Then your telling me in order for the quanity package/end to be considered it mush have players of potential. So why would you trade quality for quantity/potential
In this thread, the Sens trade quantity (3 players and a pick) for quality (1 young superstar). In many other proposals (in other threads) the Sens are instead offered quantity (2 or more players, picks) for one of their players (quality). This doesn't work, as the Sens at this time don't need more players, just better ones. So:

"the sens are giving 3 players and getting one, and you're telling me to stop giving the sens the quantity package end?" - yes, in other proposals, not in this thread.

"Then you're telling me in order for the quantity package/end to be considered it must have players of potential." - this was discussed in a recent (last few weeks) thread about quality/quantity deals - for the quantity end to be accepted it seems it needed players of some potential, not just players who have already reached their maximum.

"So why would you trade quality for quantity/potential?" - for the Sens at this time, we should trade quantity/potential for quality return, to get a better player, if we make any substantial deal at all this year. Btw it would seem the Canucks are in a similar spot from postings on this board, wanting to trade a package for a top six forward.