Thread: Proposal: LA/Tor: Schenn Trade Proposal
View Single Post
Old
11-24-2009, 04:10 PM
ukyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kencaid View Post
I wasn't going to post this, but here it goes.

The odds are, the only reason drew cheered for the Kings was Gretzky. Same with the army of retarded kids who cheer for crosby or ovy today. It could of been any team. The team is irrelevant in these kids minds and its more of a player thing and who has the most hype. There are lots of ppl in Canada who are big Avs/Wings fans b/c of their success in the 90's (Luke and Duchene to name a couple).

It has more to do with kids being attracted to shiny objects then anything else.
I wasn't going to post this either, but here it goes:

http://blogs.pe.com/prosports/2008/0...-part-vii.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Lombardi
"All the ability was checked out. I talked to him, went to his house, and one of the questions I asked: the franchise hasn't won in 40 years. Why should we trust you to help turn this around? Why do you want to come to LA? He said, 'Oh, I want to be a King.' I didn't believe him at first. C'mon. Then I went to his room, I saw that jersey. It was legit. He actually had a Kings phone.

"That wasn't the reason we took him. A lot of kids will tell you that. Some of these kids, by the time they're 15 they've got the political stuff all down. But I saw that Gretzky jersey, kid sized and all yellow and everything. And I saw that Kings phone on the desk, and it was ancient. I said, man, this kid really did want to be a King."

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote