View Single Post
Old
11-25-2009, 01:18 PM
wabwat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
We are all so focused on Purcell and Loki, we are forgetting to mention this is the first time a while that Frolov will play with Brown again. When was the last time that happened? Hopefully Frolov will possess the puck enough to keep Brown away from it. Perhaps he will even go to the front of the net! (I can dream)
they played together for what, two games this season? before Smyth went down, i was crying about Brown on the top pp unit and felt he should be on the second unit with Frolov.

Fro / Loktionov / Brown played together against the Sharks in Ontario during camp and looked pretty good... well, Brown didn't show up until about the last 5 minutes of that game and bagged the tying goal with a few seconds left of the clock on a couple of great passes by the other two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I doubt he'd last to the Kings and what for? He really hasn't done much in his time in Colorado. He was waived instead of David Koci.
true. he's got the talent though, and it certainly wouldn't hurt Lombardi to kick the tires if he falls that far. he's only got this year remaining on his deal.

Hensick's problem this year outside of the fact that he's been unable to really adapt physically at 23/24-years old, is Ryan O'Reilly's nice start now makes two centers to leap ahead of him on the depth chart... and they're both well younger.

and with Stastny and Duchene as Colorado's probable 1-2 up the middle for the next 7-10 years, O'Reilly is likely a bit better suited to center that #3 line than T.J. is... at least for the next couple of seasons.

didn't he play with Johnson at Michigan?

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote