View Single Post
Old
11-25-2009, 03:37 PM
QuietReign

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Why would they do that? I wouldn't trade Markov for that package.

Let's break down that package:

Pacioretty: looks good, but has yet to demonstrate a real scoring touch. There's nothing tangible showing he'll be a first-line player, and there's more evidence pointing to him being a solid citizen in the top-6, able to score 20-25 goals and 30-35 assists while playing strong fundamentals.

A.Kostitsyn: never proven to do more than 2nd line numbers. Proven to be difficult to coach and lacks attention to detail. Rumours of off-ice problems. Not a prototypical Duck player.

S.Kostitsyn: been out of shape for two straight seasons. Huge headache. Not a prototypical Duck player.

1st: crapshoot.

This offer wouldn't even come close.
AK: please, i think your sentence should be something like "never proved to be anything LESS than a second liner"

SK: headache yes, out of shape no, amazing stats to show that he has potential to be a player similar to ribero...

1st: crapshoot? i really dont know how you came to this conclusion for me to reply....

Pacioretty: I agree with you.... its a package for 1 player....what do you expect for Ryan? how about Chicago sends Keith, Kane and a 1st for Ryan?

Here is a media scan on his situation (by www.spectorshockey.net). The truth is he is not a lecavalier, cammalleri nor a phil kessel.. he is a very very talented player who is struggling in a team who has other troubles ....

ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER: Randy Youngman reported Sunday there will be no chance the Anaheim Ducks can move goaltender J.S. Giguere unless he starts playing better in his backup role, and suggested forward Bobby Ryan could be trade bait if the club continues to struggle. Eric Stephens reports contract talks between Ryan's agent and the Ducks have broken down and aren't expected to continue in the near future. Agent Mark Guy denied a report the talks were suspended until season's end and didn't rule out returning to negotiations later in the season. Stephens suggests one benchmark in Ryan's contract talks could be Chicago's Kris Versteeg, who's now earning over $3 million per season.

QuietReign is offline   Reply With Quote