View Single Post
Old
11-25-2009, 05:45 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Wow guys I had no idea Petr Nedved was such a completely worthless player. Thanks for opening my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
You need to look beyond the stats when you look at Nedved. He was soft as hell and was streaky. He got boo'ed for a reason. His only good year was the 2002-2003 season when he decided to play up to his potential after Leetch went down.

Went Mike York. Lindros was appealing to me but he just didn't play enough IMO to warrant the spot. York was pure hustle and had the offense to go along with it.
One good season? I'd say he had one excellent season and three other good seasons, minimum. He got booed because he was soft, yes; but that he was booed isn't going to stop me from voting for a guy. This is New York, we boo even our beloved players if we're not happy with their play.

And I don't know what you mean when you say play to his potential. The guy averaged 60 points per 82 games in his career, which is EXACTLY what he did for us. I know he was streaky, but so are half of the finesse scorers in the league.

It's cool if you don't like Nedved, but give the man some credit--he was a trooper and a good Ranger.

It's just pain.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 11-25-2009 at 05:53 PM.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote