View Single Post
Old
11-25-2009, 06:16 PM
HABsurde

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulz View Post
I started working in minor baseball in Sherbrooke when I was 11. Did the same for minor hockey at age 12. My first announcing gig was at the Sherbrooke International hockey tournament, at age 14. I started being backup for the Sherbrooke Faucons (QMJHL) at age 18.

Got my break in Montreal with the Express (lacrosse team) that played at then-Molson Centre. On the night of my very first game, the Game Presentation manager asked me if I did hockey. I told him I did, so he said he'd be listening since they were looking for a new alternate to Mr. Lacroix. That's how I got the gig.

My very first game was on Feb. 7th, 2002. A 1-0 shutout win by Jose Theodore over the Pittsburgh Penguins. Linesman Gerard Gauthier gave me the puck of the very first goal I annouced, scored by number 27... Shaun Van Allen!

I then went on to announce one more regular season game (Feb 11th, against Detroit - a 3-2 loss), and got the call for Game 6 of the quarterfinal series against the Bruins (where we clinched).

Ever since, I step in whenever Michel is away. It did happen that we were both away (November 2005 and February 2006, when we were both in Torino), so they used a third-string.

If you have questions, you may PM me.
If you were in Torino, is there a chance you'll be in Vancouver?

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote