View Single Post
Old
12-15-2004, 08:18 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha ACE
Peca hold out before he got delt to the Isles, while Yashin played in the season before being send to NY. Yashin had 88 points and 94 points (Hart Trophy nominee that year) two years before that (with the holdout year in between.)
The timing of the holdouts and when contracts were granted are meaningless in the sense that Peca was looking to get 3million from Buffalo and got 3.5 from the Islanders

And Yashin, a solid player no doubt but nowhere near Sakic in terms of overall package, played a year before getting dealt yes, but that was more to ensure that he would be dealt and here's another player that was looking for 7 million a year? received what amounts to 2 seperate 5 year transactions at 45 million per. An average of 9 million a season and he's been no more effective than Holik has been in NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha ACE
I knew that Toronto offered Holik 8 million, but the Devils. Can you provide a link that supports your claim?
As for the link, I will try to get one for you. I'm at work and cannot put the research in this to locate the actual number, but I know it was at least 8 million with a large chunk deferred which is one of the reasons Holik said no. None of the Rangers money is deferred and he received a signing bonus of 2 million and het gets a check for 1 million each July, well maybe not this july coming up, but in the past he has received that.

I'll try to locate the link.