View Single Post
Old
11-26-2009, 06:55 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
Honestly, I don't have very much to say here. I think the key factor here for me is that obviously Bossy is the best offensive player in the series.
Uhm...are you really so sure? Phil Esposito's 5 Art Ross Trophies (plus three 2nd place finishes) tell a different story. Bossy is easier to use than Esposito in an ATD context and often gets drafted higher because of it, but he is most definitely not a better offensive player, nevermind obviously so. In fact, he is clearly worse. Even if Wayne Gretzky is removed from the leaderboards throughout Bossy's career, the Boss only picks up one more goals crown and a single points crown (he never won an Art Ross in real life) - both in 81-82. Even taking this generous perspective on Bossy's career, his scoring still pales in comparison to Esposito's, especially in terms of playmaking, where the gap is so wide they are hardly comparable.

Phil Esposito is the best offensive player in this series, and by a healthy margin. The fact that Abel/MacKay badly outclass Thornton/Gillies only makes the 1st line imbalance more pronounced.

Last edited by Sturminator: 11-26-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote