View Single Post
Old
11-26-2009, 10:43 AM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
I think that's what the Habs did wrong with Grabovsky. When you have such a talented offensive prospect, you need to at least give him a chance with the most skilled guys to see what he can do.

Putting those kinds of players in a grinding, defensive, or checking role, sets them up to fail and lose confidence.

With so many top 6 guys on the shelf now it would be dumb not to try it when he's back. After a few are back, then you decide whether he keeps his spot, moves down a line, or goes to Hamilton.
It seems to have worked fine for players like Datsyuk. Pouliots main issue by all accounts is work ethic and intensity. Playing him on a loewer line with guys like Moen, Pyatt, White, Lapierre could really get his juices going.

Besides, as good a coach as Boucher is, I'm sure having someone like Martin who developed players like Hossa, Spezza, Havlat, Fisher etc. won't hurt Pouliot either. Add to that Pouliot is ellated to be here and wants to prove himself, sending him to the minors might send the wrong message and take away some of that competitive fire off the bat. I say keep him up at first, see how he does and if need be, send him down for further development.