View Single Post
Old
11-26-2009, 10:25 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

vCash: 500
Despite glowing reviews in the ass. thread, I have once again assembled a below average team. But at least this time it's not in the basement.

Quote:
Kirk Muller (A) - Marty Walsh - Jack Marshall
St. Georges third line is an in-your-face two-way line. I consciously assembled the perfect linemates for Muller in two highly underappreciated HHOFers. Here are historical quotes bolded (not my words) about the two:

Quote:
Marshall was first player to win six Stanley Cups. He was also the first player to win the Stanley Cup with four different teams... Marshall's manic, balls-to-the-wall skating style earned him the nickname the "Human Locomotive." He was a fine all-around player, a true jack-of-all-trades, who played the wings, at center, and at point. In 16 seasons, Marshall appeared in 132 games, scoring 99 times. He picked up another 13 goals in 18 career Cup games. By career's end, he had captured the Cup a remarkable six times, a record that endured for some 50 years. Marshall was elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1965.
Quote:
HHOF centre Marty Walsh was a pivotal part of three Stanley Cups (1909, 1910, 1911) setting records for scoring along the way while praised for his defensive game as well: "Walsh not only tallied at will, but he did a great deal of checking as well and was on top of the rubber from beginning to end"...
Garaga's relentless pursuit line of Muller-Walsh-Marshall ought to give the opposition fits at both ends of the ice. An all-time great line imo.

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote