View Single Post
Old
11-27-2009, 01:26 PM
LesCanadiens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
even though I think there can be quite a bit to argue in favor of Getzlaf's favor, I'll give you that one for that season alone, but Ryan came back producing at full force from the get go in the NHL. Pouliot has had quite a few years to get hiself going both in the AHL and NHL and hasn't done much yet, so I mean, yeah sure we could argue about junior stats and all but Pouliot is a pro now and he hasn't done much at the pro level.
Yessir...totally agree with that. At the risk of stating the obvious...he continues the same path, and therefore becomes a total bust....or who knows? Some guys do take time to realize their potential in the NHL, same goes for Lats...at least with Pouliot, skating is not an issue and that could be the biggest factor in how this turns out.

I'll be dead honest, I was really thrilled we picked AK over the likes of Getzlaf and Carter (neither tore it up stats-wise in Junior), because the consensus was AK had the makings of being a true offensive superstar, which we desperately needed...but hey, I learned my lesson in that regard.