View Single Post
Old
11-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Canadiens Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Not related to the series, but: Canadiens Fan, I see you were able to make it to the SIHR annual meeting (I got my newsletter today). I want to make it to one of those eventually. Was Bill Fitzell there? I'd love to meet that guy. I think he just might be THE pre-eminent hockey historian alive, by virtue of longevity. Also, Brian McFarlane (who made a career out of rewriting his books over and over again but has become a much more serious researcher lately, from the looks of it)
Yes, I was fortunate to be able to make a presentation at the annual SIHR meeting about the Plante book. To be able to do that in front of a large group prominent hockey historians was a real litmus test for the book.

One of those was indeed the incomparable Bill Fitsell who has forgotten more about hockey history than most people ever know. To have Mr. Fitsell not only purchase my book but ask me to sign it was a real honour.

If you don't mind me asking seventies from which part of the country are you from? It sure would be a benefit for all involved for you or any of the other members of this board to attend a SIHR meeting.

Also, thanks for posting the PCHA scoring table, it was worth the dig to find it.

Last edited by Canadiens Fan: 11-27-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Canadiens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote