View Single Post
Old
11-27-2009, 10:43 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Well, good to see the team play like a steaming mound of refuse when I finally get to sit down and watch a game.

Hamhuis and Klein need to pull up their skirts and hit somebody. I saw several instances where, rather than putting the guy on the ice, one of them would simply let the puck carrier lean into him and generate a scoring chance, or just outright skate around him. Put him on the ice, don't give me that "olé!" BS. Weber and Suter didn't play their best games tonight, and for the love of God, why is Bouillon still on the power play? Why was he ever on the power play to begin with? There is a reason he didn't see regular power play time in Montreal after 05-06. He's not an offensive defenseman, and he's not going to magically turn into one, and he looks very out of his element on the point. Why are we not giving those minutes to Hamhuis?

Scatchard's goal was awesome. Great display of hand-eye coordination to swat that one out of the air.

Rinne played well. I thought he played well enough to win with some support from, well, anybody, although he undoubtedly wants that first goal back.

Tootoo was the only player that I could say looked good on that third line, although that's not saying a whole lot. I have no idea why Erat was playing with Tootoo and Goc, or how long they have been playing together, but if we ever want him to get his game going on a consistent basis, it won't happen when he's playing regularly with the two worst offensive players in the regular rotation.

Sometimes, it seems like Trotz is intent on stifling our offense. It really pisses me off that we give Smithson twice as much even strength time as Hörnqvist when Patric has been the more productive of the two. At least Hörnqvist knows where the net is, and his presence would keep Legwand from trying to do everything by himself (which I saw him doing a lot of tonight).

The whole Arnott line looked flat. For all I've said thus far, that was probably the biggest contributor to the loss.

Maybe a start for Ellis tomorrow will wake the team up a little bit. I'm sure he's eager to get back between the pipes, as well. We also need to recall or trade for a winger, because Belak eating up a spot on the bench is hurting us more than it's helping.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote